ISEAI 2019 Conference
Pre-Conference EAI Basics Course – May 2nd
*This schedule may be subject to change
Pre-Conference EAI Basics Course
Thurs, May 2, 2019 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM MST
The EAI Basics Course, presented by ISEAI board members Lauren Tessier, ND, Margaret DiTulio, APRN, and Founding Full Member Larry Schwartz, BSME, MBA, CIEC, is a great opportunity for qualified medical professionals and indoor environmental professionals (IEPs) to learn the basics of diagnosis and treatment of environmentally acquired illness (EAI). The course serves as a primer to those who are new to the world of chronic inflammation as a result of water damaged building exposure.
The course is offered the day before the general conference sessions begin and is not open to the general public.
Basics Course Curriculum:
- What is EAI?
- What causes EAI and to how to identify etiological agents?
- What are the clinical signs and symptoms of EAI?
- How to make the diagnosis of EAI, including:
- Physical exam findings
- Environmental assessment
- How to approach EAI, including:
- Avoidance of exposure
- Initial treatment interventions
- Larry Schwartz, BSME, MBA, CIEC: Assessing buildings by an Indoor Environmental Professional, including:
- Determining the safety of a patient’s home/work environment (in person vs virtual)
- Maintaining a safe indoor environment
- Mold Propensity Index: A method of measuring the risk potential of a property to create or allow water damage and mold, and bring to attention correctable issues
- Q & A session with speaker panel
- $40 surcharge if refund requested prior to Monday, March 4, 2019.
- $50 surcharge if refund requested between March 4 and April 2, 2019
- $60 surcharge if refund requested between April 3 and April 18, 2019
- No refunds will be issued after April 18, 2019